genugate: High Resistance Firewall for Ultra-Secure Interfaces
Your degree of IT security is largely defined by what happens at the interface between the Internet and your local network. All external access, and all outbound data must pass through this point. The more reliably traffic is screened here, the higher the degree of protection will be for your entire network. IT security at this critical interface should therefore be given the highest priority. A central security component here is content analysis: content is only allowed to enter your network after thorough inspection, as well as reliable identification and removal of any dangerous elements.
genugate is a complete solution: hardware, operating system, and firewall software. All components are carefully selected and specifically designed for maximum security. The OpenBSD operating system ensures high security standards and the two firewall systems – the application level gateway and the packet filter – run on physically separate computers.
Comprehensive Control: Blocking Dangerous Content
The powerful application level gateway system analyses the content of the complete data stream. Dangerous or unwanted data such as active content, viruses or spam are reliably identified and blocked. These comprehensive checks mean that the genugate provides a significantly higher level of security than the so-called “next generation firewalls” that mainly work with deep packet inspection and only check a random sample of the data contents. In addition to the application level gateway, a packet filter makes up the second security system, checking formal criteria such as sender addresses and protocol. The genugate can also regulate cloud usage, in that, for example, it only allows uploads to external services when the data is encrypted. The genugate stands out from other firewalls through its two-tier protection and full content control that guarantees you robust protection at critical interfaces.
genugate Firewall has been Certified at Common Criteria EAL 4+
The genugate has also convinced the Federal German Office for Information Security (Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik, BSI) who have certified it as meeting the strict EAL 4+ level Common Criteria (CC) requirements. In doing so, the BSI have provided an independent confirmation of the high quality of this firewall solution. In addition, the genugate has been classified as “Highly Resistant” due to its extremely high resistance against direct attack – the security it provides corresponds with the requirements of the EAL 7 level. The genugate is the only firewall in the world that offers this level of security.
Your Benefits from genugate
- The two-tier system ensures top security
- Control of data content by the application level gateway
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) provides protection for web applications
- Consequent termination and re-initialization of all connections
- Convenient migration to IPv6
- Secure cloud usage
- Convenient setup of a demilitarized zone (DMZ) on the basis of the two-tier system
- Clusters for high availability and bandwidths
- Integration in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Simple integration offered as a complete solution
- Approved for German and NATO RESTRICTED, and RESTREINT UE/EU RESTRICTED
- Quality guaranteed by Common Criteria certification – the only Highly Resistant firewall in the world
- Customer service direct from the manufacturer