Data Protection and Privacy
85551 Kirchheim bei München
The genua GmbH (hereafter referred to as "genua") places particular value on the protection of your personal data. In this statement we would like to clearly describe the date we process as you visit our web-site.
2. Processing of Personal Data
Personal data is information that can be used either directly or indirectly to identify a person. Typical examples would be a name or a postal address. Personal data may be processed in one of the following cases:
a) Access Data / Server Log Files
genua processes a limited amount of information (so-called connection data) each time our web-site is accessed. This information is required for technical reasons and allows us to make and maintain a connection between your end device and our servers. Processing of this information is carried out in accordance with Art. 13, para. 1, Art. 15, para. 3 of the German Telemedia Act. This states that the following data or categories of data can be collected:
- the name of the web page accessed
- the date and time of access
- the browser type and version
- the user’s operating system
- the referrer’s URL (the page previously visited)
- the IP-Address
b) Newsletter (genuletter)
We would be pleased to be able to regularly send you information about offers, new developments and other interesting subjects by e-mail. If you are interested, you can register for our newsletter. Here you only have to fill out the required fields, which are marked with asterisks and confirm that you want to subscribe to the genuletter by selecting the checkbox. Finally you will receive an activation link sent to the e-mail address entered. You can then confirm the activation with a click. Alternatively, you can copy the link and enter it in the address bar of your browser. In this way you end the registration and confirm your willingness to receive the newsletter. (Double opt-in procedure.)
Your data will be only used for sending out the newsletter. Processing of this information is carried out in accordance with Art. 6, para. 1 (a) of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations). The following personal data will be processed during the registration, receipt and use of the Newsletter:
- e-mail address
- first name (optional entry)
- company (optional entry)
You can cancel your subscription to the newsletter at any time and without giving any reason. Three methods are available for canceling your subscription:
- You can click on the "Unsubscribe" button provided on every newsletter.
- You can send an informal e-mail stating your wish to unsubscribe to email@example.com.
- You can visit the "Cancel subscription" page on our web-site and remove your address from our distribution list.
genua will not send any further newsletters after receipt of your cancellation and will, if applicable, delete any data collected during your registration.
Cookies are text files that enable information specific to an end-user device to be saved on that device. This information is used to present the content provided on our web-site and to ensure as far as possible error-free functioning of the site. This includes the localization and correction of errors. Processing of this information is carried out in accordance with Art. 13, para. 1, Art. 15, para. 3 of the German Telemedia Act. You can use the settings provided in all common browsers to block and delete cookies and thereby prevent cookies from being saved in the future. Note, however, that blocking of cookies can lead to parts of the web-site not being fully available.
3. Data Recipient Categories
Personal data may be transferred to the following categories of recipients:
- public authorities, as required by statutory regulations.
- associated companies, as required by the company to meet contractual obligations or ensure the provision of services.
- information processors as laid out in Art. 28 of the GDPR for the purpose of order processing.
- third parties as a result of functional transfer.
4. Transfer to Third Party Countries
Your personal data will not be transferred to countries outside of the European Union or the Euro zone.
Your personal data will not be used for automated by-case decisions including profiling as laid out in Art. 22, paras. 1 and 4 of the GDPR.
genua meets the legally required technical and organizational requirements to protect personal data from loss, deletion, manipulation and unauthorized access.
7. Data Retention Period
Personal data is only retained for as long as is required for the purposes described in the current document or as required by statutory regulations. Personal data will be deleted as laid out in the relevant statutory requirements if the purpose for which it has been retained should no longer apply and if the statutory retention period for that data has expired.
8. User Rights
You have the right at any time to the following:
- access to information as laid out in Art. 15 of the GDPR.
- correction of information as laid out in Art. 16 of the GDPR.
- deletion of information as laid out in Art. 17 of the GDPR.
- restriction of processing as laid out in Art. 18 of the GDPR.
- transfer of information as laid out in Art. 20 of the GDPR.
- appeal as laid out in Art. 21 of the GDPR.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to the postal address listed under #1 above. Note that you also have the right to complain to an ombudsman or other regulatory authority as laid out in Art. 77 para. 1 of the GDPR. You will obtain further information from the relevant ombudsman or other regulatory authority .
8. Data Privacy Officer
Holzhofer Consulting GmbH
Lochhamer Str. 31
82152 München – Planegg